Friday, February 5, 2010

Thou Shalt Have Great Friends

Sometimes I think my friends don't realize how much they mean to me. Sometimes I take them for granted. Sometimes I need to take time to thank them. And that is what this post is about (no names). Thank you, friends! Without you my life would have been very different.

Thank you to those who have stood by me growing up. You are the ones who truly know what I have gone through, I tell you everything because I trust you and I know you will always be there for me as a shoulder to cry on or to give advice. Thank you to those who I have recently met. You are the ones who have made transitions easier for me. I take comfort in you, kind of like the "home away from home" concept but for friends. Thank you to those who took me under your wings to welcome me into your world. I found love and guidance with you, and I appreciate that very much so. Thank you to those who consider me their enemy. I have learned what not to do, to fix my mistakes, and to think twice before acting. Thank you to those who I have cried over. It is because of you I have learned to not fall for anyone who is not there to catch me. Thank you to those who have shaped my life. It is because of you that I am where I am today, and I hope to be in your shoes one day.

Thank you to the Lord our God. It is because of you I was blessed with these friends, enemies, relatives, aquaintences, and everyone else in my life. It is because of you I have a life to begin with. It is because of you I continue growing with you and loving you and living through your word.

Thank you all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment